- Family Game Night this Friday-the 3rd!! For all the information you need, click on this link: game-night-flyer-2017
- Friday the 3rd–wear your Bruins shirts/hats as we welcome the B-Fit Program for our 3rd and 4th grade students! Make sure you’ve sent in your permission slip by Friday morning!
- Thursday the 2nd–wear your Patriots gear as we prepare for another Super Bowl! Go Pats! Let’s GO!
- Students in grade K-4 welcomed the Jump Rope for Heart Team today. It was great to see the team motivate our students to lead healthy lives and be active!
- Pepperell students help welcome home SFC Michael Levesque with posters. Also-check this short video that photographer Larry Richardson made that highlights Pepperell and how we honor our military: http://www.picturesofnewengland.com/Parades/Pepperell-MA-welcome-Home/i-cj2Vx6j
- Kindergarten Information Night is February 7th at 6:00 PM! Children who will be five years of age by August 31, 2017 are eligible to register for our full day program.
- Welcome to 2017 everyone! We hope all our Pepperell families and friends have an incredible year!
- Martin Luther King, Jr. Day is January 16th and there is no school. The following day, Tuesday, January 17th is a Professional Development Day for our teachers and there is no school.
- The VBES Before and After School Program started on January 9th. This “pilot” phase allows us to establish the program and provide a quality experience for our students. The start time is 7:00 AM and students can also stay from dismissal (3:05) until 6:00 PM. If you are interested in having your child participate, please email me (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- PTO Meeting this Wednesday the 11th at 7:00 PM!
- REMINDER: please do not pass the buses as they are unloading or loading. Cars are not to enter the front of the school driveway during arrival and dismissal. It is dangerous for our students. Also-please watch your speed while in the school zone. The safety of our students is critically important! Slow Down!
- Report Cards go home today!!
- Tuesday the 13th is a half day of school-dismissal is at 11:35.
- Movie Night is the 16th at 6:30. Join us for the magic of The Polar Express!
- School vacation from 12/26-1/2/17. The 23rd is a full day of school!
- The Breakfast with Santa was a huge success! Thank you to our awesome PTO and all the volunteers who made this such a fun event. Our thank you also goes out to the Pepperell Fire Department who brought Santa to VBES in style!
TOMORROW!! Please join us at Varnum Brook Elementary School for this PTO Event!
Saturday, December 3rd from 8:00-11:00 AM
Delicious Breakfast…tons of unbelievable RAFFLE PRIZES!
Pictures with Santa!
Cupcake Walk…Kid’s Market…Games and more…
Tomorrow: Wednesday, November 23rd all Varnum Brook Elementary School students will participate in our annual Turkey Trot!
This year we are making some changes to the race. We will start with a short rally in the gymnasium to thank the students for their generous contributions to the Food Drive for P.A.C.H. Following this our 4th grade students will proceed to the upper field (behind the school-upper parking lot area in the back of VBES) followed by grades 3,2,1 and K. This will start around 9:20 AM. Depending on their grade level, students will run one to two laps around the field. Parents are welcome to join us in the field as we cheer on all our students. This is a half day of school and dismissal is at 11:35. Teachers have plans for students to return to their classrooms to finish their school day.
Happy Thanksgiving to all our VBES Families!
- October 27th is a half day of school. Dismissal starts at 11:30. Staff will participate in Professional Development for the afternoon.
- The PTO Movie Night October 21st! It starts at 6:30 PM; snacks and water will be available. We are showing The Peanuts Movie (rated G). Please remember this is not a drop off event and all children must be accompanied by an adult. Children and parents MUST stay in the auditorium throughout the event. It is a privilege to use the school at night. Let’s follow the rules and continue these fun evenings. Your help is appreciated!
- The School Council met on October 17th. We are developing a survey that will allow parents, guardians, and the school community to express their voice as we develop our School Improvement Plan. Our next Meeting is November 14th at 3:30.
- November 8th is Election Day and there is no school. Staff will have Professional Development opportunities throughout the district. Don’t forget to VOTE!
- November 10th at 9:45 VBES students will observe Veterans Day in the gymnasium.
Thursday, October 6th is Red Sox Day at Varnum Brook! Wear your favorite Red Sox gear!
Friday, October 7th is New England Patriots Day! Wear your favorite Patriots gear!
Good Luck to the Sox in the playoffs! Welcome Back Brady!